Monday, 23 January 2012

Terraclips!

So its been a while since my last post, but I've been very busy with family and work, namely helping to look after my poorly daughter and sorting myself out with a new job.

Anyway on the painting front I started painting my Hamelin model, and was doing really well, until I decided to do an ink wash .... Oops... Not a disaster but its put me back a few steps as I'm now going to have to clear up the lighter areas, whilst trying not to lose any of the detail :(
Sort of put me off painting for a few days and then my personal life took over again.

Had a game of Malifaux last week with a chap I meet on the Maelstrom forum. My first 35 Soulstone game and I used 'Molly Squidpiddge" for the first time. My opponent was using the Viktoria's and Von Schill and I ended up getting tabled!
oh well it was a really fun game and I did learn a lot from the game, so didn't feel too bad about losing all my crew.
Whilst I was at Maelstrom I picked up a Terraclips pre-order (My birthday present).

So anyway I've spent the last 3 nights and part of the weekend preparing and building up the Terraclips. I got 1 set of sewers, 1 set of streets and 2 boxes of clips. Im very impressed with the quality of the product and would easily recommend it to anybody. I decided to build a complete 3' x 3' gaming zone, but for storage reasons I need to be able to break down the board into 18"x18" sections. With that in mind I went about making 2 sections of sewers.

Heres a photo from my 1st evenings build, after a fair few false starts.


The 2nd evenings build went a lot quicker as I got more use to way the system fits together and started to visualise the end set up. At the end of the session I had the 2 sewer sections complete. My plan was for the street sections to be raised 1 level and interchangeable with each other.
Day 3 was a weekend day and I had help from my 3 year old Daughter :D who was having fun playing with the stair sections and her own little toy people. Towards the end of the build I had to swap some of the clips around to allow for some additional support under the raised street sections.

Anyway heres a couple more photos of the finished 3'x3' board, photos where taken on my mobile phone, so are a bit blurry.




Overall really pleased with the results and just need to find a big enough box to store them in now.
So looking forward, Its back to finishing off Hamelin and I've got another game lined up this week at Maelstrom. Hopefully I'll soon be getting some more games in at my local club Derby Wargames Society with the Terraclips.

No comments:

Post a Comment